I’ve found an array of unique and thoughtful gifts that Mom will love come May 13. Whether she’s a wonder woman, duchess of sassytown or a classic garden gal, she’ll be grateful for any of the below presents—and that you didn’t go overboard on the price.
Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Ideas Under $30
1. Photo Book (prices vary at Shutterfly)
In the digital age, giving someone an actual book filled with beautiful memories is almost unexpected. But you truly can’t replace the ability to flip through pages of meaningful pictures, plus this is something she can keep on her coffee table, nightstand or shelf. Deal alert: Save up to 50% off sitewide, plus get an extra 20% off Mother’s Day gifts at Shutterfly.
2. Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Mini Travel Spray Set ($24 at Sephora)
The three fragrances in this lovely springtime sampler were inspired by Tory Burch’s garden: rose, lily of the valley and tuberose.
3. Grandma Floral Frame ($25 at Things Remembered)
Showcase the love and bond of a grandma and her grandchildren with this beautiful frame. Bonus: Get 20% off your order online and in stores at Things Remembered.
4. Mother’s Day Glitter Card (price depends on supplies you buy) from Darby Smart
This is glitterally the best. If a DIY present is more your style, check out this card our friends at Darby Smart made. You can find most of your supplies at Michaels and save using the coupon below.
5. Personalized Recipe Plate ($30 at Etsy)
Does Mom have a signature recipe that the family adores? This Etsy artist will take handwriting from recipe cards, lined paper and other canvases and transfer it onto a plate. So cool!
6. Healing Stone Mugs (24 at UncommonGoods)
Each of these mugs is one of a kind. The artist tops each cup with one of four healing stones. “These lovely minerals are smooth to the touch and can be rubbed gently to focus your mind and lift your mood as you enjoy a soothing cup of tea or your morning coffee, ” reads the Uncommon Goods site. We feel relaxed already!
7. Skull and Crossbones Stud Earrings ($29 at Zales)
We don’t lose our edge just because we birthed a tiny human, amirite? If you make a larger purchase, be sure to use a Zales coupon for savings.
8. Duchess of Sassytown Socks ($9.99 at Blue Q)
I just spent way too much time over at Blue Q looking at all the hilarious (and in some cases, NSFW) socks and other accessories trying to pick my favorite. Love. Them. All. And so will she.
9. Tea to Go ($28 at Uncommon Goods)
She can take hot or iced tea on the go with this glass travel mug. Just fill one end with tea and water, shake to steep and drink out of the opposite end. Easy!
10. Oakland Athletics Majestic Charcoal Plus Size Spirit Awareness V-Neck ($29.99 at MLB Shop)
If she’s passionate about sports, Major League Baseball has plenty of cute tees that support her favorite team in a range of styles and sizes.
11. Picnic Time Large Garden Tote ($29.99 at Bed Bath & Beyond)
Give the green thumb in your life all-new tools for her beloved garden.
12. Well-Read Women: A Reader’s Journal ($12.58 at Amazon)
For the bibliophile, this journal lets her record what she’s read. It contains a satin ribbon bookmark, watercolor portraits of adored female characters and a list of prize-winning fiction for reading inspiration.
13. Chocolate Delights Breakfast Gift Set ($30 at Godiva)
A sweet pairing of Belgian-chocolate-topped biscuits and decadent chocolate truffle coffee for an indulgent treat.
14. Homesick Scented Candle ($29.95 at Amazon)
Even if you’re states apart, this candle serves as a reminder that you’re never too far from home. Using input from locals, the candles’ crafters tap into scents meant to express each state. For instance, Wyoming “smells like cold winter air and roaring campfires.”
Books! Books! Books!
Travel books, cookbooks, mysteries, romances, sci-fi, literary, you name it. There’s a book out there for your mom.
15. 1,001 Ways to Slow Down: A Little Book of Everyday Calm, by Barbara Ann Kipfer ($13.59), to remind her to take a little time for herself instead of putting everyone else first.
16. Goats of Anarchy: One Woman’s Quest to Save the World One Goat at a Time, by Leanne Lauricella ($9.89), based on Lauricella’s popular Instagram account from her goat rescue farm.
17. Dinner: Changing the Game, by Melissa Clark ($20.13), 200-plus new recipes from the New York Times columnist.
18. Unstrung, by Laura Spinella ($9.99), a novel about love, forgiveness, family and our imperfect selves.
19. Into the Water, by Paula Hawkins ($16.17), another page-turner by the author of The Girl on the Train. (All titles available at Amazon.)
20. Country Living Magazine (one-year subscription for $10 at CountryLiving.com)
Magazines are such great gifts—inexpensive and ideal for the person who does not want any more “stuff.” Get Mom a subscription to her favorite magazine for a yearlong reminder of your love for her.
And Finally …
21. Time with you! Year after year, we survey moms on what they want for Mother’s Day, and the No. 1 gift is always time with loved ones. So whether you’re taking her out for a meal (get restaurant coupons here), to the movies or on a trip (travel deals abound), know that she’s going to treasure the moments, and it was worth your dime.
For More Mother’s Day Gift Inspiration:
DIY Mother’s Day Gifts
Video: DIY Paper Flowers for Mom
Mother’s Day Restaurant Freebies and Deals