For teen girls, prom is basically a bridal practice run. First, they’re all about the dress, and once that’s settled, then they’re all about the accessories. Sure, jewelry counts, but I’m talking more about the funky little extras that can elevate a simple sheath to sheer perfection. And at under $50 each, they’ll be sure to have enough money left over for a decent graduation dress!
1. Greene St. Crystal Headband ($38) at Henri Bendel
It’s good luck to wish upon a shooting star. But if one’s not readily available, this headband is a chic substitute.
2. Aurora Borealis Rhinestone Marquis Tiara ($16.50) at Claire’s
Sorry, Peeta, but girls and tiaras go together like Katniss and Gale. Forgo the beauty pageant stigma with a tastefully understated marquis stunner.
3. Beaded Wreath Headband ($18) at BCBGMaxAzria
Even if you don’t expect to win prom queen, there’s no reason you can’t rock a little Game of Thrones bling in your hair on the big night.
4. Flower Headpiece ($24) at Bebe
Let the drama go straight to your head in an embellished floral headpiece that will have everyone talking. Bonus: It’s totally Instagram-worthy.
5. Tasha Flower Pin ($38) at Nordstrom
With spring in full bloom, why not incorporate petal power into your updo? This look works best with a simple chignon or long, flowing locks.
6. Manhasset Bobbies ($28) at Anthropologie
Keep flyaway hairs under control with jewel-tone bobby pins, and you’ll look put-together even after hitting the dance floor.
7. 6 Pack of Faux Pearl Hair Spinners ($11.29) at ASOS
Yep, this ’90s trend is back. For a subtle yet memorable touch, weave tiny rhinestones pearls into tresses and pretend you’re re-creating She’s All That.
1. Skinnydip Perspex London Embellished Clutch ($50) at Nasty Gal
In this case, it’s possible to start with the purse and work backward to find the perfect dress. Lucite, embellished and in acidic green, this scene-stealing handbag is straight out of a fairy tale.
2. Magid Fuchsia Clutch ($40) at Amazon
If pink is your favorite color—but you’re not keen on wearing the hue head-to-toe—a fuchsia clutch gets the job done with less drama.
3. Wyatt Cerulean Resin Box Clutch ($44.97) at Bluefly
A cerulean box clutch (yes, cerulean from The Devil Wears Prada!) is the perfect accessory for those who are too cool for school.
4. Gold Clutch ($49.95) at Bakers Shoes
Low-maintenance girls can flaunt this structural gold clutch that fits little more than lip gloss and some cash for the limo. But who cares when it looks this cute?
5. Glitter Oval Mindiere ($39.99) at Nine West
Delicate and virginal, a white satin purse is best suited for princess-style gowns. Go all-out Cinderella or go home.
6. Nina Mercilla Bag ($43.99) at Zappos
Nothing says “It’s party time!” like a diamond-encrusted black bag. Luckily, this versatile clutch is a terrific investment, as it will pair nicely with jeans and stilettos once you’re legal to go club hopping.
7. Satin Hand-Through Satin Evening Clutch ($23.99) at Macy’s
A red-hot satin evening bag adds a pop of color against black or white, plus you can spot your purse from a mile away.
1. Rhinestone Studded Velvet Heel ($42.50) at Charlotte Russe
Blush is widely considered to be the new neutral. However, covered in rhinestones, studs and velvet, the subtle shade still makes a major style statement.
2. Candie’s Floral High Heels ($37.99) at Kohl’s
Because today’s teens are all about the mini, make sure your shoes are really worth showing off. Hint: A flower-power pair of stilettos definitely are.
3. Type Z Tasia Sequined Pumps ($48.99) at Zappos
It’s really quite simple: These sequined pumps are pretty much a disco ball for your feet.
4. Two Lips Too Too Enthrall Platform Pump ($29.94) at DSW
Petite girls know that a good platform can be life-changing. Don’t let a little height difference stand in the way of happily ever after. As they say in Texas, “The higher, the better.”
5. On the Lock Down Ankle Strap Shoes ($48) at Nasty Gal
Have the whole stiletto thing mastered? Try a single-sole shoe—it’s what all the celebs are wearing. Plus, the holographic sheen will stand out without a doubt.
6. Tevolio Tambra Satin D’Orsay Pump ($39.99) at Target
This season, there are so many gorgeous floral dresses that would pair nicely with a simple yet colorful D’Orsay pump. This was Jackie O’s favorite silhouette, so you know it’s a winner.
7. Simply Vera Bow Peep-Toe High Heels ($44.99) at Kohl’s
Something blue can be special for prom night, too. A classic peep-toe pump is a timeless choice for a night you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
Claire’s: Get 25% off full-price items.
BCBGMaxAzria: Take 20% off.
Bebe: Enjoy free shipping.
Nordstrom: Shipping and returns are always free.
Bluefly: New customers can get 15% off their entire purchase.
Nine West: Get free shipping on $75 or more.
Charlotte Russe: Save 10% off $65 or more.
DSW: Get up to 50% off clearance shoes.
Target: Take $5 off purchases of $50 or more.
Kohl’s: Save 15% sitewide.