So I used to have decent-looking feet. Then I started playing roller derby.
Six hours of skating every week for five years has left me with black toenails, blistered knuckles and a callus on the ball of my foot that no little pedicure is going to make a dent in. Needless to say, I’m not excited that it’s sandal season.
I love the way bright sneakers look when worn with dresses, but have you ever visited Texas in July? It’s hot, y’all. My faded black Converse do conceal my busted-up toes, but I don’t think I can deal with another summer of sweaty socks and sneaker tans.
Here are 15 pairs of cute summer shoes for those of us who don’t wish to bare it all.
1. Remmyy ($69.95) at Steve Madden
2. Seychelles Into Thin Air Flat ($75) at Zappos
3. Blowfish Rode ($39) at Zappos
4. L’Artiste by Spring Step Livvy Closed Toe Sandal ($99.95) at ShoeBuy
5. Soludos Women’s Classic Lace Sandal (on sale for $44.95) at SwimOutlet.com
1. MIA Barricade Gladiator Sandal ($35.10) at Amazon
2. Soludos Classic Canvas Stripe Espadrille ($55) at Urban Outfitters
3. Carissa d’Orsay Flat ($24.99) at Payless
4. Nitis ($75) at Aldo
5. Atlas Flat ($98) at Free People
1. Inspire Wedge Sandal ($59.99) at Chinese Laundry
2. Cobb Hill Ireland ($100) at Zappos
3. Steve Madden Frenchey Stone Leather Caged Ankle Booties ($129) at LuLu’s
4. Michael Kors Dana Espadrille ($89) at Lord & Taylor
5. Into Thin Air Flat in Sunrise ($74.99) at ModCloth