It’s officially the fall season, and though some shoppers might be waiting until Black Friday to pick up everything on their wish list, we’ve got our own offer data that reveals October has better deals on certain categories.
It’s easy to be the hostess with the mostest when you have a kitchen that’s ready for action. New models of large appliances like stoves, washers and dryers were released at the end of September, and retailers are continuing to discount older models to make room for new inventory. Continue to shop for appliances through the month and find deep discounts at places like Best Buy and Sears.
- Best Buy – Save up to 30% off select major appliances, and get free delivery on purchases of $399 or more.
- Sears – Get $20 off $150 both online and in stores as well as free delivery on $399 or more.
October promises cool, crisp air, making it the perfect time to enjoy outdoor activities like camping before the temperatures seriously drop. Historically, we have seen tents, fishing and summer hiking gear discounted up to 70% during the end-of-season clearance sales.
- Tractor Supply Co. – Take up to $500 off select shelters as well as up to 20% off select camping products.
- Cabela’s – Get $2 cash back for online purchases of $40 or more.
Because October kicks off the fall season, it’s a great time to take advantage of deals on autumn staples like denim. Retailers have a surplus of jeans left over from the back-to-school shopping rush, and everything still on the shelves must be cleared out for new inventory. Stock up on your upcoming winter wardrobe with deals and various styles offered at retailers like Macy’s and American Eagle Outfitters.
- Macy’s – Get $10 cash back on purchases of $50 or more and $20 cash back on orders of $100 or more.
- Charlotte Russe – Select denim is buy one, get one for $12.50.
- Kohl’s – Get up to 50% off select denim.
Halloween Costumes, Candy and Decor
The best time to buy Halloween items might be the day after the holiday, but that won’t leave you with much of a selection. So if shoppers really want to get a killer deal on candy, costumes and decorations, hit the stores the week before Halloween. That way, you’ll still have a decent selection to choose from and get to snag last-minute deals.
Some of the costlier expenses are with costumes that the entire family can wear. Get everyone in your crew decked out with deals from Spirit Halloween and even select goodies from CVS. And don’t forget about your furry friends! So your pets can be Howloween ready, PetSmart is offering 10% off any purchases under $99 when you order online and pick up in store.
- Spirit Halloween – Get 20% off any single item through October 31.
- Kmart – Save $5 off $50, both online and in-store. Plus, get 15% off two Halloween items online, an extra 10% off Halloween and up to 30% Halloween and harvest home decor and tableware through October 15.
- CVS – BOGO 50% off on Halloween apparel, makeup and accessories, masks, wigs, lighting, animation and home decor starting the week of October 15. During the week of October 22, take 33% off select Halloween apparel, lighting, animation, home decor, costumes and 50% off select fall decor, candles or American Home by Yankee Candle.
- Party City – Shop Halloween deals starting at 99 cents.
For more Halloween fun, check out DIY decorations and costumes for kids!